Kerala SET Syllabus 2020, Exam Pattern & Exam Date
Kerala SET Recruitment 2019 notification is out. The Online Application start from 26 Jan 2020 and will remain active till 02 Feb 2020. Candidate willing to apply should go through the eligibility & The start preparation soon. This post will enlighten you regarding the Kerala SET syllabus 2019. The complete syllabus of the computer-based examination and computer (formatting) Test has been provided in this post. Check out the details below.
The date of Computer Based written examination is subject to change, in which event the new date will be notified through Newspapers, Commission’s websites and Admission Certificates for the examination. Detailed instructions regarding Computer Based Written Examination are available on the Commission’s website.
Kerala SET Complete Details:
|Name of Organization||LBS Centre for Science & Technology|
|Exam Name||State Eligibility Test|
|No of Vacancy||Various|
|Selection Procedure||Written Test|
|Date of Exam||Available Soon|
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
Kerala SET Syllabus:
Paper-I: General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
- General Studies
- Language and Reasoning
- Current Affairs
- Foundations of education
- Teaching learning and evaluation
- Communication, technology, research and educational administration
Kerala SET Syllabus 2020 Paper-II:
- Arabic – Arabic Prose, grammar, Arabic Criticism, Indo Arabic literature, translation.
- Botany – Diversity of life forms-I, diversity of lofe forms-II, molecular cell biology and heredity, ecology and environment, applied botany., functional plant biology and analysis plant physiology.
- Chemistry – Inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, analytical chemistry, some selected topics in chemistry.
- Commerce – Management concepts and strategies, business environment policy and MIS, financial and corporate accounting, quantitative techniques and research methods, financial management and marketing, cost and management accounting.
- English – History of British English literature, 20th century and contemporary British literature, American, Indian and New literature in English, history of the structure of English and English language teaching, literary theory and criticism.
- Economics – macroeconomic theory and application, quantitative methods for economic analysis, development analysis of India and Kerala, Microeconomic theory and applications, economic development and environmental economics, money banking, public finance, and international trade.
- French – Literature, culture and civilisation, linguistics, methodology and fle, grammar, francophone literature, culture and civilization, contemporary France.
- Geography – Concepts in geography, physical geography, resource geography, urban and regional planning, geoinformatics, the geography of India.
- Geology – Physical geology, remote sensing, geochemistry, structural geology, stratigraphy, crystallography and mineralography, etc.
- German – Linguistic/deutshe sprachgeschichte basic linguistics, deutsche literaturgeschichte, Deutsche Literature/ Literaturwissenschaft, history of western philosophy and German culture, Politische Geschichte / Landeskunde, methods of teaching German as a foreign language.
- Journalism – Dimensions of mass communication, media history and laws, reporting and editing, advertising, public relations, corporate communications, and media management, electronic and digital media, communication research.
- Latin – Grammar, prose, history, poetry, translation (Latin into English and vice versa), short story and drama.
- Mathematics – Fundamental concepts, real and complex analysis, abstract algebra, linear algebra and matrix theory, number theory and differential equations, topology and financial analysis.
- Music – History of music, music and temples, manodharma Sangeeta, raga classification in ancient Tamil music, theories of ragas, modern trends in music, etc.
- Philosophy – Classical Indian philosophy, contemporary Indian philosophy, western philosophy, contemporary western philosophy, v logic, ethics.
- Hindi- Hindi sahitya ka itihas – aadikal se purv bharatendu yug tak, bharatendu yug se unnees sou chalees tak, aadhunik kal – 1940 se 2015 tak, history of Hindi language and structural grammar, western and eastern literary thoughts, prosody and poetics, functional Hindi, translation and linguistics.
- History – Historical method, historiography, Kerala history, ancient and medieval Indian history, modern Indian history, selected themes of world history.
- Home science – Human development and family relations, food science, nutrition and dietetics, family resources management, textile science and fashion designing, extension and development communication, research and development in family and community science.
- Physics – Mathematical physics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetic theory, nuclear particle physics, condensed matter physics, electronics, etc.
- Political science – Modern political analysis, political thoight, Indian government and politics, comparative politics, international relations, public administration.
- Psychology – Cognitive processes, motivation, emotion and learning, psychometry, relation and research methodology, personality and social psychology, psychopathology, applied psychology.
- Russian – Russian grammar, morphology and syntax, modern Russian language: lexicology and phonetics, Russian cultural history, Russian literature: prose fiction, Russian literature: poetry and drama.
- Syriac – Syriac grammar, history and language of Syriac language, Syriac poetry and liturgical literature, secular, biblical and monastic literature, India nad Syriac literature, history of Syriac churches, current affairs.
- Zoology – Taxonomy, animal diversity, and applied zoology, evolution, ecology, biodiversity and ethology, physiology, immunology, and developmental biology, biochemistry, biophysics, and biostatistics, genetics, biotechnology, and microbiology, cell biology, molecular biology, and bioinformatics.
- Bio-technology – Cell biology genetics and molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, biophysics and instrumentation, microbiology, immunology, pharmaceutical biotechnology, etc.
- Sanskrit – General Sanskrit, sahitya, Jyotisar, vyakarana, nyaya, Vedanta.
- Social work – History and philosophy of social work, sociology, developmental psychology, community organization, social case work, social work research and statistics, etc.
- Sociology – Sociology: discipline, concepts and processes, sociological theories, social research methods and statistics, sociology of India, theory and practice of development, globalization and emerging challenges.
- Statistics – Mathematical methods for statistics, probability theory, distributions in statistics, estimation and testing of hypotheses, sample surveys and design experiments, multivariate analysis, stochastic processes, and index numbers.
Kerala SET syllabus 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Kerala SET 2020 is as follows:
Kerala SET syllabus 2020 For paper- I
|Mode of examination||Written exam|
|Number of questions||120 questions (60 questions in each part)|
|Maximum Marks||120 marks|
|Types of questions||Objective questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer|
Kerala SET syllabus 2020 For Paper-II
|Mode of examination||Written exam|
|Number of questions||120 questions. 80 questions for mathematics and statistics.|
|Types of questions||Objective questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for a correct answer except for mathematics and statistics which have 1.5 marks for the correct answer.|
|Online Registration Starting||28th December 2019|
|Online Registration Closing||10th January 2020|
|Online Payment of Registered Candidate||12th January 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Printout of the Application form||20th January 2020|
|Releasing of Answer Key||Last week of March 2020|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of May 2020|
|Online Admission Ticket||19th March 2020|
|Date of Test||29th March 2020|
How to Download Kerala SET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019:
- Go to Official Website.
- Find the Link and Open the page.
- Enter your registration number or date of birth.
- Show on your desktop for Kerala SET.
Now check here official website for more details: click here